As winter comes, the only thing that you look forward to is cuddling with a warm blanket and a hot cup of cocoa in front of a warm fire burning in the fireplace. This scenario is the perfect end to a hectic winter day, but before you can get the fire burning, you need to do the hard work of getting firewood.
Though many vintage fireplaces have been replaced by electric ones these days, the beauty of an actual fire can only be achieved with the old one. Yes, getting the wood is tremendous work, but the reward is worth it all. Coming back to cutting wood, it is not an easy task for even the strong armed, but it can be made a bit quicker as long as you have the right axe to do the job.
The axe needs to be sharp and dark so that it can withstand the swings and cut the wood in one go. To ensure that you don’t have to go through the daunting task of listing the best axe for splitting wood, we have managed to figure out the ones that will best suit your needs. Pick up any of the best axes for cutting wood from the list below, and you will not be disappointed with how efficiently you will manage to get the job done.
Sleek and built from the best material possible, you will naturally fall in love with this product. It has been given a high rating from various customers and is praised for its design and efficiency. The axe delivers a powerful impact on the wood, making a deep gash and even breaking the wood in half.
The best part about this product is that it has been designed keeping the impact in mind. It ensures that you get a powerful blow with just one strike, which should lead to the log splitting. The overall design of the product is such that it gives the perfect balance between power and weight so that it gives maximum impact in one swing.
- The product is best suited for tall people and will perform well on large to medium-sized logs.
- The blade of the axe is advanced convex bevel which ensures that it gives more power. The shape of the blade also makes it easier to separate it from the log.
- The product comes with a lifetime warranty, so you can change it or get it repaired any time you like.
A little different regarding style and color (available in blue), this axe is built to provide convenience and to do the job perfectly. With a high customer rating, it sells at a good price and will fit your budget perfectly.
The axe has been built to make sure that it is easy to use, store and carry. It is lightweight which covers all of the aspects mentioned before. The axe has also been made as one piece only, so the head of the axe will not separate from the body at any point, making the swings safer.
- The materials used to make the axe are imported and of high quality.
- The handle of the axe is made from patented nylon which reduces shock and ensures that a firm grip reduces the chances of the axe slipping out of your hands.
- The primary purpose of this axe is splitting wood.
There will be times that you will be faced with wood that is harder to split, especially in one go. During these times, you will need a product that is strong enough to manage the job without you having to put in a lot of effort. This is the perfect product for such times.
The head and body of the axe have been designed to make sure you do not have any difficulty in splitting thicker pieces of wood. The design of the head is such that in just one go, it will enter the wood and split it quickly or at least make a deep cut so that you do not need to do much in your second attempt.
- The head of the axe is stuck to the shaft with wood and steel wedges. This ensures that the head stays in place.
- The handle is quite long so that the power of the impact can be high and you can easily grab it with two hands.
- You will also get a leather edge cover with the product.
Old-school regarding design but active at the same time, this product is one that will split wood in one go. It has also received a high customer rating and lies a bit on the expensive side, but it provides value for money.
There are circular grooves in the handle of the axe, which make sure that you form a firm grip and that the axe does not slip out of your hands. The head of the axe is concaved which adds extra power to the strike and ensures that it enters the wood.
- The head of the axe alone weighs about 3 and a half pounds and is 3 inches wide.
- The hickory handle is about 27 inches long.
- The axe comes with a steel collar and a grain leather sheath.
- You cannot pound on the wedge as it is not designed to withstand that.
An axe designed to provide efficiency while making sure that you can get the maximum benefit out of it, this product is one of the best. It has a high rating and comes at an affordable price.
The steel used for the head of the axe is drop forged 1055 carbon that makes it highly desirable as it makes the product robust and reliable. It is also made from American hickory which is highly durable and long lasting.
- The length of the hawk is about 6 and a half inches.
- The length of the product is 26 inches
- The total weight is about 2.7 pounds.
All the products listed above top the list of the best axe for splitting wood. If we were to list down the best one out of them, we have to say it would be the Fiskars X27 36-Inch Super Splitting Axe. This product is reasonably priced and is designed to get the job done in one go. It is also stylish and comfortable to use.